Front Office Representative
Posted on: November 21, 2019
Northern Arizona Orthopaedics is an independent, physician-owned
practice with multiple locations throughout Northern Arizona. Our
hallmark is our people and their unified efforts to deliver
exceptional orthopaedic care to our customers -the residents and
visitors of northern Arizona. HOPCo (Healthcare Outcomes
Performance Company) is the corporate parent of Arizona-based
entities, The CORE Institute, Northern Arizona Orthopaedics, The
CORE Institute Specialty Hospital, Michigan-based The CORE
Institute and Southeast Orthopedic Specialists.HOPCo is a
vertically integrated musculoskeletal outcomes management company.
HOPCo manages physician practices, hospital service lines,
population health and value-based care programs, and
musculoskeletal delivery networks. Please see below for the
functions and requirements to be a Front Office Representative with
Northern Arizona Orthopaedics. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Promptly greets and acknowledges patients. Informs MAs and
Providers of patients arrival through CPS, using Appointment
- Instructs patients in completion of medical history and patient
information forms, and makes any necessary corrections to the
patients account. Obtains accurate, complete demographic and
insurance information and financial contract / consent on patient
paperwork, as well as reviewing patients and guarantors to obtain
accurate information assuring all necessary documents are populated
and signed correctly. Also, making sure all required Authorizations
and or referrals are attached to the appointment for that DOS.
- Responsible for identifying and collecting co-payments,
co-insurances and past due account balances.
- Explains financial requirements to the patient in response to
patient questions on billing and insurance matters; refers
questions regarding more complex insurance/benefits questions to
Site Billing Specialist.
- Evaluates patient financial status and establishes payment
plans based upon authority levels.
- Responsible for accurately completing and interpreting
insurance verification and benefits. Notifies patients, family
members, physicians and/or supervisors of network insurance
coverage issues that may result in coverage reduction.
- Scans all new patient or updated patient information into
computer (including: photo ID, insurance cards, referrals, and
- Schedules follow up appointments, reviews patient's insurance
coverage and notifies patient if service requires an authorization
or referral and send request to PCP via CPS.
- Maintains general knowledge of insurance plans accepted by The
- Communicates with the patients in the lobby if the physician or
provider is running behind schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining a secure and accurate cash drawer.
Responsible for daily balancing of cash drawer and closing
- Maintains strictest patient confidentiality.
- Maintains a clean and organized front office workspace.
- Follows established Front Office SOPs.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job
position including a general understanding of insurance
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge
- Successful candidate must have a minimum of one year of patient
registration experience in a medical
- office or healthcare setting.
- Requires knowledge of insurance rules and regulations, medical
terminology, and computer scheduling systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians,
patients, and the public and be capable of
- establishing good working relationships with both internal and
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred. Previous
experience in collecting money is preferred. KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of insurance rules and regulations including
eligibility and referral requirements. Able to verify eligibility
of each payer, per patient according to defined parameters.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA Guidelines.
- Computer knowledge, including Windows based programs. SKILLS
- Skill in customer service and an understanding of The CORE code
of conduct and culture.
- Skill in communicating effectively with physicians, clinical
staff and the public.
- Skill in establishing good working relationships with both
internal and external customers. ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with upset and frustrated patients while
consistently providing excellent customer service. Demonstrate
empathy, concern, good listening skills, and compassion for all
patients. ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel between various clinic locations. PHYSICAL/MENTAL
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- HOPco Mission, Vision and Values must be read and signed.
Keywords: HOPCo, Flagstaff , Front Office Representative, Administration, Clerical , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!