Area Vice President of Operations
Company: LHC Group, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Bad actors and scam operators have unfortunately used our company's
name in targeting job seekers. We are doing all we can to make sure
those interested in employment with our company are aware of these
scams and are as informed as possible. Please use caution and good
judgement when considering any offer of employment.
Please note: LHC Group does not send or request funds in connection
with any job application. If you have questions about the
legitimacy of an offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Area Vice President of Operations (Hospice) is responsible for
oversight of assigned region (AZ, CO, and NV) as it relates to
implementation and maintenance of administrative practices, agency
philosophy, goals, and policies w hich assure compliance w ith
applicable state and federal regulations. coordinating and
completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate
and long range objectives of the company. enhancing the
profitability of assigned agencies. and providing motivation and
retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services
delivered. This position also acts as a liaison w ith management
staff and other departments throughout the company. LHC Group is
the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and
families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term
acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Ensures adherence to the Care Management Model within all
assigned agencies and on an ongoing basis
- Participates in and helps to facilitate the QAPI planning and
processes, reporting, and improvement action plans in assigned
agencies. This includes the oversight of all occurrences,
complaints, negative trends, performance improvement issues,
patient/family satisfaction scores, and concerns
- Reviews assigned--agency's monthly--financial relative to all
aspects of the operation to assure that quality patient care is
delivered in the most cost-effective manner
- Reviews weekly metrics, claims alerts, productivity, and census
reports and follows up on negative trends as needed for assigned
- Reports to the Divisional Vice Presidents on all operational,
financial, risk management, compliance, staffing, business
development and patient care issues
- Oversees current budget and budget forecast for assigned
- Assists Operations DVP, Market Development DVP, Regional Market
Development Directors, and Account Execuitves in identifying and
implementing Business Development opportunities in assigned
- Works closely with the Administrators and Patient Care
Representatives to drive a vision of appropriate growth by focusing
every team member on the needs and expectations of the referral
community and patients
- Knows the features and benefits of the services provided by
Hospice Division and is able to articulate competitive advantages,
specialty programs, and Medicare-Medicaid guidelines
- Reviews and approves, with Human Resources guidance, all
personnel decisions including, but not limited to, terminations,
suspensions, new hires and grievances as needed for assigned
- Mentors Agency Administrators and state Administrators
regarding each assigned agency's fiscal, clinical, census and
- Ensures adequate staffing of assigned agencies as well as
adequate staff education and evaluations
- Acts as liaison between Agency staff, Hospice Management Team,
and Senior Leadership Team
- Reviews location performance in the following areas:--financial
(actual vs budgeted), operational metrics, compliance with OCS
edits, Homecare Compare scores, Outcomes Based Quality Improvement
(OBQI) adverse event and patient satisfaction scores.
- Reviews annual staff satisfaction results for assigned agencies
and assists with action plan for all Tier 2 and Tier 3
- Oversees the current budget, and develops the budget forecast
for each location for the following year.
- Conducts regularly scheduled conference calls and-or agency
visits with Administrators of assigned agencies reviewing and
evaluating overall operations, clinical processes, business
development opportunities and possible adverse trends-concerns in
- Oversight of assigned home health provider and branch agencies
within the Region, providing leadership and mentoring to site
manager for the purpose of maintaining profitability while
providing quality patient care.
- Ensures that compliance with legal and regulatory standards are
- Collaborates strongly with the Sales Leadership team to drive
business development and growth.
- Quality patient scores as well as employee satisfaction scores
are met according to company guidelines.
- Guidance to agency managers in hiring and retaining quality
staff to ensure appropriateness of agency staffing.
- Acts as a liaison between business contacts and-or partners
regarding assigned agencies'' fiscal and quality performance,
including participation in the quarterly reporting process
- Facilitates agency participation in community awareness,
education, and service-oriented projects in assigned regions
- Responsible for compliance in assigned agencies with all
regulations, laws, policies and procedures that are applicable to
hospice and Medicare-Medicaid issues when applicable. Mentors and
collaborates with Agency Administrators and State administrators to
ensure compliance in these areas.
Education & Experience
- License Requirements: Bachelors degree (Education and licensure
must comply-- with state regulations).
- Education Desired:-- MBA or MHA preferred
- Experience Requirements:
- 5 year's experience in dire ct financial and employee
management of a healthcare facility or multi-site healthcare
- P&L as well as budget process experience.
- Proven financial management ability
- Proven census growth achievement
- Hospice will not hold any simultaneous-concurrent employment by
any other licensed health-- care-hospice agency (excluding Arkansas
and West Virginia).
- Skill Requirements:--
- Able to develop and implement strategies for agency
- Ability to understand and guide staff as to how operational
metrics impact financial performance.
- Able to multi task and be a creative problem solver
Keywords: LHC Group, Inc., Flagstaff , Area Vice President of Operations, Executive , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!