RN - Step Down Unit
Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Ensuring the achievement of Northern Arizona Healthcare's mission,
the Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of care
for patients and their families including direct care, patient and
family education and discharge planning. When providing care,
Registered Nurses follow the process of assessing, nursing
diagnosing, outcome identification, planning, implementing and
evaluation as the basis for the delivery of care. The Registered
Nurse provides leadership for ancillary personnel by being a team
leader, serving as a preceptor, and being an active member of the
healthcare team. The nurse practices within the ANA Scope of
Practice, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and the standards of
his/ or her specialty.
- Assesses the needs and conditions of assigned patients by
gathering relevant patient health information.
- Identifies outcomes, develops a plan of care individualized to
the patient and/or situation, and implements the identified plan
appropriate for the attainment of the expected outcomes.
- Assesses patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
and effectively revises/updates diagnoses, outcomes and plans of
care as appropriate.
- Contributes to patient experience by providing quality & safe
patient care (as described above) and by respecting patients
privacy, and treating all patients, family members, and guests, as
well as other associates, with dignity, respect, and
- Evaluates patient conditions frequently and adapts plan of care
- Performs aseptic techniques by maintaining a sterile field
while using principles of disinfection, sterilization, and
- Maintains infection prevention standards.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
- Assists as necessary with procedures (central line placement,
chest tube insertion, x-rays, ultrasounds, intubations and
- Participates in creating and sustaining a learning environment
supported by evidenced based practice and research.
- Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in
professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
- Work collaboratively with peers and other health care
providers, and participating in ongoing in-service and educational
- Participates in the mentoring and education of colleagues and
- Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting
patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental
policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective
- Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees
area of responsibility.
- If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required job
specific training in the specified time frame.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of assessments,
interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
- Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a
timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety
related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors
work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are
also performing work in a safe manner.
Associate Degree in Nursing- Required
New hire RNs and those hired on or after 7/1/2016:
Must enroll in a BSN program within one year of hire and complete
within 5 years of hire.
Existing Staff RNs:
RNs hired before 7/1/2016, are not mandated to have a BSN, but are
highly encouraged to consider our current tuition reimbursement
Certification & Licensures
Active, unrestricted, Arizona RN License or valid, participating
compact license- Required
BLS (American Heart Assoc.)- Required
ACLS (American Heart Assoc.)- Required
ATCN- Required within 1 year
NIHSS- Required within 30 days
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare Corporation, Flagstaff , RN - Step Down Unit, Healthcare , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!