RN Cath Lab
Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The RN Cath Lab, under the supervision of the Director and/or
Clinical Coordinator, conducts initial and on-going assessments,
develops the patient plan of care through the use of Clinical
Pathways, directs and delivers patient care, patient and family
education, identifies and corrects variances from the patient's
Clinical Pathway, and completes discharge planning. S/he will care
for adults and geriatric patient groups.
* Maintains expertise in cardiac and other monitoring
Data Integrity * Documents assessments, interventions and patient
* Performs audits of documentation to ensure consistency and that
standards are met.
Patient Care * Communicates and documents patient/family learning
* Completes a thorough physical assessment at time of
* Prioritizes and problem solves to meet changes in patient
* Manages medications, IV's, and blood products.
* Utilizes pain scale in pain assessment.
* Documents restraints.
* Provides psychological and social support for
* Participates in discharge planning and patient education.
* Monitors the medical condition of patient(s) and reports
Operations * Demonstrates ability to update patient status in the
EMR (admission to cath lab, post procedure, or when care and
practice via the nursing process indicates a change).
* Completes Inter-Disciplinary profile.
* Initiates and updates the clinical pathway.
* Demonstrates knowledge in the use of department medical
* Documents nursing interventions, patient's response to
interventions and any changes in patient condition electronic
* Communicates and documents patient/family learning needs.
* Demonstrates the ability to interpret and communicate basic
laboratory and diagnostic data and communicates results to
Compliance/Safety * Responsible for reporting any safety-related
incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends
all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe
manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and
ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the
employee's area of responsibility.
* If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific
training in the specified time frame.
* Maintains responsibilities for the patient during transfer from
cath lab to the nursing unit and provides a report to RN accessing
* Associate Degree in Nursing- Required*New hire RNs and those
hired on or after 7/1/2016:Must enroll in a BSN program within one
year of hire and complete within 5 years of hire.
Certification & Licensures
* Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Arizona-
* BLS (American Heart Association)- Required
* ACLS- Required
Critical Care experience or Cath Lab experience- Required
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Flagstaff , RN Cath Lab, Healthcare , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!