Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Ensuring the achievement of Northern Arizona Healthcare's mission,
the Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of care
for patients and their families including direct care, patient and
family education and discharge planning. When providing care,
Registered Nurses follow the process of assessing, nursing
diagnosing, outcome identification, planning, implementing and
evaluation as the basis for the delivery of care. The Registered
Nurse provides leadership for ancillary personnel by being a team
leader, serving as a preceptor, and being an active member of the
healthcare team.The nurse practices within the ANA Scope of
Practice, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and the standards of
his/ or her specialty.
Patient Care* Assesses the needs and conditions of assigned
patients by gathering relevant patient health information.
* Identifies outcomes, develops a plan of care individualized to
the patient and/or situation, and implements the identified plan
appropriate for the attainment of the expected outcomes.
* Assesses patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes and
effectively revises/updates diagnoses, outcomes and plans of care
* Contributes to patient experience by providing safe, high quality
& patient centered care (as described above) and by respecting
patients privacy, and treating all patients,family members and
guests, as well as other associates, with dignity, respect, and
* Evaluates patient conditions frequently and adapts plan of care
* Performs aseptic techniques by maintaining a sterile field while
using principles of disinfection, sterilization, and infection
* Maintains infection prevention standards.
* Collaborates with physicians and other health care
* Assists as necessary with procedures and transportation
throughout the hospital per hospital and departmental policies and
Education* Participates in creating and sustaining a learning
environment supported by evidenced based practice and research.
* Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in
professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
* Work collaboratively with peers and other health care providers,
and participating in ongoing in-service and educational
* Participates in the mentoring and education of colleagues and
Compliance/Safety* Adheres to regulatory and organizational
standards affecting patient care and safety as well as all hospital
and departmental policies and procedures. Practices in a safe, high
quality and cost effective manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees
area of responsibility.
* If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific
training in the specified time frame.
* Maintains timely and accurate documentation of assessments,
interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
* Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely
fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related
training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work
environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also
performing work in a safe manner.
RNs hired on or after 7/1/2016: Must graduate from a BSN program
within 6 years of hire into an RN position.
Existing Staff RNs: RNs hired before 7/1/2016 are not mandated to
have a BSN, but are encouraged to pursue a BSN degree.
Certification and Licensure:
Active, unrestricted, Arizona RN License or valid, participating
compact license- RequiredBLS - RequiredATCN- Required within 18
months of hirePALS- Required within 90 days of hire
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is
integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and
other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and
throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding
of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Flagstaff , RN Pediatrics, Healthcare , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!