RN Clinical Liaison - Hospice
Posted on: August 2, 2022
"Being a Clinical Liaison gives me the opportunity to work with
some of our most acutely ill patients. It challenges me to utilize
not only my nursing skills but communicative skills while
maintaining empathy and compassion"-Jennifer, Clinical Liaison
As a Compassus Clinical Liaison, you are offering a gift of great
support and service - the gift of comfort, peace and dignity to
patients facing serious and life-limiting illnesses. Because all of
our Clinical Liaisons are Registered Nurses, they can have a
first-hand, deeper conversation about the care and service
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical
excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their
families facing the end of life. For many of our team members, this
is more than a career - it's a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today as a Clinical Liaison to positively impact the
experiences of our patients and families.
Position SummaryAs a Hospice Clinical Liaison, under the direction
of the Hospice Area Marker Executive, you will be responsible for
assisting referral sources in identifying patients with care needs
that match the services provided by hospice. S/he is responsible
for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal
regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
- Supports Program and corporate policies, goals, and
- Promotes a positive working relationship between Program and
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, educational
programs and community events, as requested.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to
- Represents Compassus and its services in a competent,
professional manner consistent with the organization's service and
- Explains hospice services and benefits to patients, family
members, and significant others in a manner that facilitates an
accurate and positive view of hospice services.
- Obtains signatures on all required forms, provides copies to
- Ensures all forms are completed, dated, and signed, and turns
in to the Admission Coordinator.
- Ensures all available medical records are turned into the
- Establishes and maintains significant professional
- Works closely with community, hospital, and facility education
representatives to meet growth and development targets and maintain
market acceptance and allegiance.
- Facilitates the admission process to and from hospital and
long-term care based referral sources.
- Assesses referred patient's clinical needs and disease status
and confers with patient's attending physician and hospice
physician regarding assessment to establish eligibility.
- Facilitates patient discharge from hospital to home by
establishing initial needs and coordinating transportation, DME,
medication needs, supplies and admission by home hospice
- Oversees GIP patient admission process based on identified
symptom management needs for that level of care.
- Works closely with facilities and hospitals to identify,
transition, and admit patients appropriately for general inpatient
- Provides education to hospitals and facilities on the purpose,
process, and goal of general inpatient care.
Knowledge and SkillsTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and/or ExperienceBachelor's degree and experience in
healthcare marketing preferred. Hospital and/or long-term care
clinical experience highly preferred. Two to three years'
experience required.Registered NurseCurrently licensed as a
Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
Keywords: Compassus, Flagstaff , RN Clinical Liaison - Hospice, Healthcare , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!