RN OR LPNs Wanted
Company: WEXFORD HEALTH SOURCES INC
Posted on: September 18, 2023
POSITION: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-Time, 36 hours 7p-7a
FACILITY: Navajo County Jail
LOCATION: Holbrook, AZ
A Job Should be MORE than just a paycheck.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation's largest
correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our
team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally
millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical
and mental health services.
The majority of our patients come from marginalized or impoverished
backgrounds. In many cases, our doctors, nurses, and behavioral
health professionals represent the patient's first experience with
quality, compassionate health care.
We heal and rehabilitate thousands of incarcerated patients every
day.When you join Wexford Health, you do more than just further
You also become part of a team-a family-whose mission is to care
for patients that cannot care for themselves. You change lives.You
make a difference.If you are looking for a position that empowers
you to do MORE… then look at Wexford Health.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
POSITION SUMMARYUnder the clinical supervision of the Director of
Nursing, the incumbent is responsible for delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation
and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching activities
and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of
professional nursing. Utilizes electronic medical record system as
applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists in planning and implementing individual treatment
programs, in the health care unit and housing unit, by utilizing
available resources and consulting with registered nurses,
physicians and correctional officers.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and
intervention in accordance with provider instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness,
complications etc., and communicate information to supervisory
personnel and physicians, in accordance with provider's
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team, and
assist physician as assigned.
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention
to therapeutic significance.
- Supervises inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and
sanitation of the environment.
JOB REQUIREMENTSLICENSURE: Current, unrestricted AZ State
Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one (1) year of clinical
experience; correctional experience preferred
Keywords: WEXFORD HEALTH SOURCES INC, Flagstaff , RN OR LPNs Wanted, Healthcare , Holbrook, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!