OB - RN
Company: Little Colorado Medical Center
Posted on: November 27, 2018
Little Colorado Medical Center is a 25-bed, critical access hospital, located 50 miles east of Flagstaff, Arizona; a compassionate and caring facility in a family oriented community. Enjoy the stress free pleasures of small town living with benefit of a fast paced stimulating work environment. JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION SUMMARY: The staff nurse, under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, Nursing Supervisors and Director of Nursing, is responsible for conducting the initial and on-going assessments, developing the patient plan of care through the use of Care plans (assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, evaluation); directing and delivering patient care, patient and family education, identifying and correcting variances from the patient's plan of care, and completing discharge planning. She/he is directly accountable to the Charge Nurse. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to work varying shifts rotate days off, and work weekends and holidays.
- Able to relate to, work with ill and disabled patients of all ages from infants to geriatrics, bilingual patients, emotionally distressed patients and families, and with hospital personnel within the facility.
- Follows accepted nursing practice and the policies/procedures at Little Colorado Medical Center & the State of Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Assists and/or performs procedures that are within the scope of nursing policies and practices and those functions she/he delegates.
- Able to, within a specific work period, plan, implement, delegate, evaluate and modify a patients care according to nursing care plan.
- Must practice within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Possess visual and hearing acuity.
- Must have the ability to assess, document and implement actions required to meet patient/family needs.
- Able to cope with varying, stressful, emotional and unpredictable situations tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Able to respond to emergency and crisis situations in a timely and professional manner
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as medication dosages.
- Ability to assess and delegate tasks to LPN, CNA, and PCT.
- Must follow all infection prevention policies and guidelines. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduate from an accredited nursing training program. Experience: None required but acute care experience preferred Specific Skills: Good verbal and written skills, ability to communicate effectively. Basic nursing skills Computer Skills: Moderate computer skills Licenses: Arizona State Nursing License or Compact State Nursing Licensure Certifications: BLS required ACLS, PALS preferred. PHYSICAL, SENSORY, ENVIRONMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS: • Physical Demands: Requires prolonged, extensive or considerable sitting/standing/walking and the ability to lift and move 25 pounds. • Must comply with all required health assessments, immunizations and testing - required. • Work environment is in acute patient care and surgical suite, and involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials, infections, noxious odors and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Keywords: Little Colorado Medical Center, Flagstaff , OB - RN, Healthcare , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!