OB - RN
Company: Little Colorado Medical Center
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Little Colorado Medical Center is a 25-bed, critical access
hospital, located 50 miles east of Flagstaff, Arizona; a
compassionate and caring facility in a family oriented community.
Enjoy the stress free pleasures of small town living with benefit
of a fast paced stimulating work environment. JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION SUMMARY: The staff nurse, under the supervision of the
Charge Nurse, Nursing Supervisors and Director of Nursing, is
responsible for conducting the initial and on-going assessments,
developing the patient plan of care through the use of Care plans
(assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, evaluation);
directing and delivering patient care, patient and family
education, identifying and correcting variances from the patient's
plan of care, and completing discharge planning. She/he is directly
accountable to the Charge Nurse. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to work varying shifts rotate days off, and work weekends
- Able to relate to, work with ill and disabled patients of all
ages from infants to geriatrics, bilingual patients, emotionally
distressed patients and families, and with hospital personnel
within the facility.
- Follows accepted nursing practice and the policies/procedures
at Little Colorado Medical Center & the State of Arizona State
Board of Nursing.
- Assists and/or performs procedures that are within the scope of
nursing policies and practices and those functions she/he
- Able to, within a specific work period, plan, implement,
delegate, evaluate and modify a patients care according to nursing
- Must practice within accepted ethical and legal parameters of
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Possess visual and hearing acuity.
- Must have the ability to assess, document and implement actions
required to meet patient/family needs.
- Able to cope with varying, stressful, emotional and
unpredictable situations tactfully with personnel, patients, family
members, visitors, and the general public.
- Able to respond to emergency and crisis situations in a timely
and professional manner
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as medication
- Ability to assess and delegate tasks to LPN, CNA, and PCT.
- Must follow all infection prevention policies and guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Education: High School Diploma or
equivalent required. Graduate from an accredited nursing training
program. Experience: None required but acute care experience
preferred Specific Skills: Good verbal and written skills, ability
to communicate effectively. Basic nursing skills Computer Skills:
Moderate computer skills Licenses: Arizona State Nursing License or
Compact State Nursing Licensure Certifications: BLS required ACLS,
PALS preferred. PHYSICAL, SENSORY, ENVIRONMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS: •
Physical Demands: Requires prolonged, extensive or considerable
sitting/standing/walking and the ability to lift and move 25
pounds. • Must comply with all required health assessments,
immunizations and testing - required. • Work environment is in
acute patient care and surgical suite, and involves exposure to
potentially dangerous materials, infections, noxious odors and
situations that require following extensive safety precautions and
may include the use of protective equipment.
Keywords: Little Colorado Medical Center, Flagstaff , OB - RN, Healthcare , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!