Company: Drury Hotels
Posted on: September 8, 2019
STARTING RATE: $12.84 Basic Function Under general supervision,
serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests while
following Company policies and procedures. Maintains the bar area
in a clean, well organized manner. Has a general knowledge of the
hotel, area and events to answer guest's questions. Job Duties
- Provides courteous, friendly guest service by anticipating
guest's needs and responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries,
requests and complaints.
- Prepares the bar area by arranging glasses, juices, stirrers
and condiments for easy and efficient access.
- Prepares and serves mixed drinks and beer to guests who meet
age requirements according to state and/or local laws. Also serves
- Ensure area is clean and organized at all times, including
shelves and equipment.
- Restock clean glassware at the beginning, throughout and at the
end of the shift.
- Ensures VIP requests are made and delivered.
- Ring all checks for entire dining room, room service and
- Make all drinks according to standards for dining room,
banquets and room service as needed in a responsible manner.
- Refuses to serve liquor to anyone who is under age, or who
- Cleans off tables, disposes of glasses, napkins, etc., and
vacuums the carpet.
- Monitors guests' satisfaction and informs the Supervisor or
Manager on Duty of special comments made by guests.
- Assist in dining room as needed, answering phones, talking
reservations, room service and give information requests by
- Notify supervisor of items that are low.
- Maintain house bank at all times with appropriate amount.
- Appreciates the diversity of our team and guests and
contributes to maintaining a positive work environment at all
- Conducts accurate inventory of beverage items and supplies and
calculate order levels.
- Is knowledgeable of all state and federal laws and complies
with all alcohol certifications.
- Must complete required Hilton Training for this position, to be
educated on all Hilton Brand Standards for compliance.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled employee meetings and
- Complies with all safety / security rules and instructions in
performing work efficiently while protecting self, fellow workers
and the hotel.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned. General
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requires ability to take written and
verbal direction in English and speak English clearly. Requires
ability to communicate in a friendly manner with guests in order to
create a warm, comfortable, relaxing environment. Must be at least
21 years of age. Requires ability to handle multiple tasks
simultaneously and efficiently. Mental and Physical Requirements
EDUCATION: Requires knowledge, skill and mental ability equivalent
to completion of 2 years of high school. EXPERIENCE: Must have a
working knowledge of beer, wine, liquor and common drink recipes.
Requires basic math skills and the ability to handle money and
operate a cash register or POS system. CERTIFICATION AND/OR LICENSE
REQUIREMENT: Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service
permit as required by local or state government agency. Food
service and/or other certification as required by franchise.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Requires ability to work in a standing position
for long periods of time (up to 5 hours). Requires ability to
reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
intermittently during the work shift. Working Relationships
- Reports to Restaurant Supervisor or General Manager.
- Maintains and promotes a positive and cooperative work
relationship with all hotel departments. Drury Hotels is an Equal
Opportunity Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to
all applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any
other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws.Qualified federal government contractors are
required by law to take affirmative action to employ (and advance
in employment) all qualified applicants (and employees) who are
Keywords: Drury Hotels, Flagstaff , Bartender, Hospitality & Tourism , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!