Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: January 5, 2020
The Switchboard Operator/Dispatcher is responsible for all hospital
switchboard operations. The Operator/Dispatcher provides customer
service by performing administrative telephone answering duties.
The Operator/Dispatcher utilizes appropriate multi-line telephone
equipment to answer basic and/or routine questions and route or
transfer calls to appropriate destinations. The Operator/Dispatcher
is responsible for receiving, coordinating, and disseminating
critical information from and to multiple sources/resources within
acceptable time frames.Dispatching
- Performs overheard paging, in-house paging, and
- Monitors and responds to alarms systems (code blue, code
yellow, code pink, code phone, access control, emergency call
boxes, duress alarms, blood bank and OR refrigerator temperatures,
STAT call, Chem Pack alarm). Notifies appropriate personnel or
agencies. Maintains accurate documentation of all codes/alarms per
- Participates in drills such as code pink, code red, etc.
- Utilizes the emergency notification system when a major
incident occurs and a command system needs to be implemented.
- Monitors multiple security screens (Multiple video monitors,
access control monitor, and Switchboard monitor).
- Monitors and responds to the radio for Security, Facilities,
and Plant Operations.
- Maintains knowledge of all security officers and their
- Operates as dispatch for Security Officers, monitors radios for
Facilities and Plant Operations when they request assistance on the
Security radio channel. Includes entering incoming calls and
logging dispatched officer calls.
- Relays rescue updates from Guardian air to Security for
helicopter arrival times so Security can assist with off loading
- Identifies reportable events and dispatches
- Operates a multi-line telephone device. Responds verbally and
uses TDD (text telephone device for hearing or speech impaired) to
communicate with callers.
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming administrative line
telephone calls, communicates effectively with callers obtaining
complete and accurate information to determine the need(s) of the
- Operates a computer terminal and retrieves information from
various computerized resources to respond to queries and answer
- Performs patient searches and answers and/or relays questions
regarding patient location and visitation privileges, utilizing
in-house computer. Updates changes in extensions and
- Provides 411 assistance for employees, patients and
- Provides assistance to information desk as needed.
- Completes proper transfers or connections for incoming,
outgoing and inter-office calls. Sends, routes, relays or refers
callers or messages to the appropriate division or
- Monitors surveillance systems for security purposes and also
support security by reviewing past events which provides critical
information for patient/visitor safety.
- Monitors a variety of communications equipment to ensure proper
function. Assists in troubleshooting as required and reports
failures or problems with any system. Tests equipment as
- Coordinates access control alarms with the appropriate
- Logs and searches lost and found items for patients in the Lost
and Found data base.
- Updates the on-call list in PBX and maintains log of names of
patients who expire at the hospital.
- Maintains repair and other supply logs.
- Updates information in operators log books.
- Utilizes PC for data entry, reports, and statistical
- Prepares reports for director as requested.High School Diploma
or GED- RequiredExperience Sufficient prior experience with
multi-line telephone or switchboard operations- RequiredMinimum
typing speed of 35 words per minute- RequiredExperience with
Microsoft Windows workstation environments and MS Office products
(i.e., MS Word, MS Excel, etc.)- PreferredRequisition ID: 2019-6466
Street: 1200 N, Beaver St. Full Name: First Last: DAWN JOHNSON
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Shift: Days
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Flagstaff , Switchboard Operator, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!