Digital Marketing (Media) Coordinator, Int./Sr.
Company: Inside Higher Ed
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Job Title: Digital Marketing (Media) Coordinator, Int./Sr.
Location: Marketing Department Regular/Temporary: Regular Full/Part
Time: Full-Time Job ID: 605181 Workplace CultureNAU is a community
devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable
commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We-faculty,
staff, and administrators-thrive by combining our efforts and
working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.Special
InformationTwo candidates will be selected for this position.
Salary and title level dependent upon experience.For consideration,
please include a completed application along with your cover letter
and resume. Immigration Suppt/SponsorshipNAU will not provide any
U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.Job
DescriptionNorthern Arizona University's Marketing Department is
seeking two qualified individuals to join our digital marketing
team as digital marketing coordinators. These roles will report to
the website manager and will plan and execute digital marketing
initiatives on NAU's web properties, with a primary focus on
applying and maintaining SEO best practices through keyword
research, regular page audits, and the implementation of new
content.Typical duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to online content development by optimizing,
publishing, and maintaining high-quality content across NAU web
properties that adheres to university web governance and brand
- Perform regular webpage audits to track keyword and page
performance, and optimize on-page content in accordance with SEO
best practices, to strengthen NAU's organic search presence.
- Resolve technical issues related to the proper display of
content and website features.
- Optimize web content for end user performance: assure hyperlink
integrity, image quality, and consistent page layout.
- Assist with quality assurance and user acceptance testing for
website updates in staging and production environments to confirm
page elements are accurate and functioning correctly.
- Verify web properties are compatible across browsers and mobile
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Marketing
Department-including project management, client services, and
content/creative teams-to support web initiatives.
- Review and recommend edits to copy and content developed by NAU
marketing vendors for PPC, landing page, conversion rate, content
marketing, and web development initiatives.
- May design and develop landing pages and provide other support
for paid media campaigns.
- May assist with reputation management-related monitoring and
response.Additional responsibilities for Digital Marketing
- Performs all of the above responsibilities with more
- Has more responsibility for collaborating with Marketing
Department stakeholders to support web initiatives.
- Assists Manager with coordination of day-to-day web team
- May supervise student or temporary employees.Minimum
QualificationsDigital Marketing Coordinator, Intermediate
- Associate degree in Marketing, Communications, or related
- 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.Digital Marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Certification in web technology (WebProfessionals.org),
HTML/CSS (W3 schools), web accessibility
(accessibilityassociation.org), or similar.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related
- 3-4 years of related work experience.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- WordPress proficiency. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience using CMS platforms, such as WordPress, to publish
- Knowledge of and experience implementing SEO strategies across
multiple types of web properties.
- Working knowledge of routine digital media tools, processes,
and concepts, including web analytics & reporting, photo and video
editing, digital content curation, digital advertising, email
marketing, and relevant social media applications.
- Demonstrated experience writing for the web, including
knowledge of SEO best practices and AP writing style.
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools including Google
Keyword Planner, SEMrush, SEOquake, and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in Google-Suite products including Docs, Sheets,
Slides, Data Studio, Drive, etc.
- Skill in preparing media reports and summaries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word,
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of content.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Demonstrates problem solving, organizational, and analytical
- Analyzes non-routine situations and anticipates issues.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.Background
InformationNorthern Arizona University requires satisfactory
results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an
employment history verification and a degree verification (in some
cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a
fingerprint background check.Additionally, as an employer in the
state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States.Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an . The report is a result of
a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff
Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have
on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety
policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and
statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.SalaryThe
budgeted salary amount is $47,000 - $59,000 **The starting salary
will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant
balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary
equity considerations, and available market information.FLSA
StatusThis position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn
overtime or compensatory time for additional time
worked.BenefitsThis is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU
offers an excellent benefit package including generous health,
dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State
Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and
tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More
information on benefits at NAU is available on the . Classified
Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six
months at NAU.NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.Employees
offered a position will be eligible for state health plans
(including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are on the first day of
the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment
date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll
in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating
in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term
disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay
period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and DevelopmentYour career at Northern Arizona University
includes the opportunity for professional development. includes
courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position
includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer
the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2
years. Application DeadlineOpen until further notice.How to ApplyTo
apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this
page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit"
button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need
assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the or in person in the Human Resources Department
located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver
and DuPont Streets. If you are an individual with a disability and
need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process
please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD
- 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.Equal Employment
OpportunityNorthern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.NAU is an
Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other
National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Inside Higher Ed, Flagstaff , Digital Marketing (Media) Coordinator, Int./Sr., Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!