Lead Systems Engineer
Company: BIOMOTUM, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Lead Systems EngineerBiomotum, Incbiomotum.comFlagstaff, AZ /
Product Development / Full Time
Job SummaryBiomotum is a rehabilitation robotics company searching
for an experienced Systems Engineer to lead product development of
our wearable robotic assistive devices. Combine your love of
multi-disciplinary engineering with impactful, purpose driven work
to transform the treatment of movement disorders across the
lifespan. The successful candidate will work with a team of
engineers and external partners to bring our assistive technology
to the market. This position reports to the CTO.
- Create & drive technical architecture, engineering designs,
physical prototypes, and documentation to effectively communicate
ideas to manufacturers, teammates, and leadership.
- Work closely with Brand, Research & Industrial Design to create
amazing products and experiences.
- Lead and coordinate Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, and
Software engineering efforts to drive a program from concept to
- Standard reporting to facilitate concise and effective
communication to stakeholders on program status, issues/risks and
- Regular team and individual meetings with clear agenda and
decisions to be made to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- Establish and complete design verification testing
- Contribute to quality management system (QMS) requirements
- Interface with domestic and international manufacturing
partners to achieve design, reliability, and cost targets.
- Be the technical voice of feasibility for product development
programs throughout the greater organization. What you will need:
- General design/engineering and knowledge - able to communicate
effectively and understand how technical teams' tasks fit
- A strong understanding of industrial design intent and desire
to preserve it
- Experience partnering with industrial design teams
- A relentless desire to solve problems and create the best
product for Biomotum's customers.
- Experience working with domestic and international
- A first-principles, systems-thinking approach to solving
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A strong desire to work as a team Qualifications:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Robotics, Mechatronics, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years experience (or 3 years with advanced
- Experience with new product introduction (NPI) - Proven ability
to bring a product to production
- Experience developing electromechanical devices
- Experience developing medical devices is strongly
- Experience with the full product development lifecycle (problem
identification, ideation, prototyping, engineering design, transfer
to manufacturing, sustaining)
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and regulatory
- Experience with Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis
- Experience with design for manufacturability
- Experience with Solid Works
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on approach: proactively identifies and fills in gaps
CompensationSalary and equity compensation is commensurate with
Commitment to DiversityWe welcome individuals from all backgrounds,
beliefs, and identities to contribute to building a diverse,
respectful, collaborative and inclusive environment.
IndustryMedical Device Employment TypeFull-time
How to ApplyPlease email a cover letter outlining your relevant
experience and qualifications along with your resume and/or
portfolio to . The subject line should read: Application for
Systems Engineering Lead.
Keywords: BIOMOTUM, Inc., Flagstaff , Lead Systems Engineer, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!