Company: Troon Golf, L.L.C.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The full time Executive Chef opening at Pine Canyon Club is an
amazing opportunity to serve on a dynamic management team at an
exclusive private country club located in Flagstaff, Arizona. We
are searching for a self-driven, hospitality focused, hands-on
leader who is passionate about expanding their craft and exceeding
member expectations. This position will work closely with our
Culinary Director and provide technical, creative and
administrative support in the clubhouse restaurant, multi outlets,
and banquet operations. Our mission statement is simple, "to make
Pine Canyon Club is located in Flagstaff, Arizona, at nearly
7,000 feet above sea level. Located two hours north of Phoenix,
Flagstaff offers a mild four- season climate, which is typically 25
degrees cooler than Phoenix at any time of year. Pine Canyon Club
is situated on a 600 plus acre private community with over 700 home
sites, surrounded by the Coconino National Forest. Pine Canyon's
amenities include a championship 18-hole Jay Morrish designed golf
course, 2018 remodeled golf practice areas, 35,000-square-foot
Clubhouse, pro golf shop, private dining room, full service
restaurant, converted railway car with kitchen/dining at the turn,
winter- climate controlled skating rink, cocktail lounge, 1,700-
bottle wine room, spa, men's and women's lounges with lockers, game
tables, whirlpool and steam rooms, exclusive Club Cabin rentals.
Trout Creek Park offers barbecue grills and a lake stocked with
Rainbow Trout for catch-and-release fishing. Camp Pine Canyon
provides summer recreational facilities for members with two
Category 4- hard tennis courts, new basketball and volleyball
courts, patio dining, lap pool, water slide, water features and
Pine Canyon is a private mountain retreat that creates memorable
moments to last a lifetime.
Key Responsibilities of the Executive Chef:
- Supervises food preparation, cost quality, quantity
inventories, portion control menu planning, recipes and testing of
samples submitted by purchasing department; assist in planning
monthly kitchen budget.
- Oversees job methods and cooking standards to maintain a high
quality of food and service.
- Develops standard recipes for all dishes to ensure proper
portion control, uniformity of taste and quality; test new products
on the market, recipes and formulas.
- Develops new cooking methods for improvement of cuisine;
maintain contact with other chefs and visits other kitchens to keep
abreast of new development of food and equipment.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring of applicants for
employment; along with training program; and assist with the set up
work schedules and job requirements.
- Assists in preparing inventories, budget forecast and may
revise work schedules for each week; report on daily payrolls
overtime, absenteeism and accidents.'
- Completes market lists; assists in the ordering of necessary
items and inspect such foods as meat, fish and vegetables received
- Assists line cooks during peak hours.
- Works with other departments to coordinate special functions
and outings. Regular and reliable attendance.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Executive Chef:
- Associates Degree; and two to three years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
- Proven Management of Food & Beverage Kitchen Operations..
- Must have Food Safety and Sanitation Training.
- Possesses knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and
applicable health codes.
Keywords: Troon Golf, L.L.C., Flagstaff , Executive Chef, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!