The Case Management Assistant provides transition support for
post-acute care needs, and preventative outpatient services in
order to support appropriate delivery of care. He/She serve as an
integrated team member to ensure patients achieve a safe and timely
discharge from the acute care to the outpatient setting.
Responsibilities center around support to the hospital and
community-based service requests from the nursing staff, Care
Coordinators, Call Center, Care Management, Therapists,
Hospitalists, or private physician's practices in the
Administrative* Partners with the Interdisciplinary team to
facilitate placement in a SNF, rehab, sub acute, assisted living
facility, Home Health Care, DME and other services as ordered.
- Obtains/processes necessary documents to initiate and complete
- Arranges/maintains appropriate transportation requests as
- Schedules follow-up appointments and document in EMR of
- Works with insurance companies and service units to relay
necessary information for service authorization.
- Procures O2, DME and wound vacs prior to discharge.
- Screens patients for second IMM letters. Delivers second IMM
and MOON letters to patients.
Communication* Communicates with the team to keep them informed
of the progress of their request.
- Collaborates and provides useful resources regarding community
services to the patients, as well as offering information on the
patient assistance fund with appropriate discretion to support
- Works in collaboration with the physicians, outside offices,
and hospital staff on the status of the patient.
Compliance/Safety* Responsible for reporting any safety-related
incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends
all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe
manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and
ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
- Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the
employee's area of responsibility.
- If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required
job-specific training in the specified time frame.
- Maintains confidentiality of all department, patient, and
High School Diploma or GED- Required
Bachelor's Degree- Preferred
Certification and Licensure
C.N.A, PCT, MA, BSW, or C.H.W- Preferred
1-3 years experience in healthcare setting- Required
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is
integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and
other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and
throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding
of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software