Patient Care Technician Unit Secretary Progressive Care
Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The PCT/Unit Secretary, under the supervision of the charge
nurse, clinical manager, and/or director is responsible for
assisting in patient care, documentation and supply management.
They will also work to keep the unit supplied, clean, and
organized. Additionally, the PCT/Unit Secretary may functions in a
secretarial role within the department. S/he answers the telephone,
and answers any questions the patient or their support system may
have within their capabilities. S/he follows all policies and
procedures of Northern Arizona Healthcare. They will perform or
assist with procedures that fall within the scope of practice of a
PCT in addition to Secretarial duties. The PCT/Unit Secretary may
be caring for infants, children, adolescents, adults and
- Maintains department cleanliness including following procedures
for clean up after treatments.
- Assists in transporting patients, equipment, and supplies.
- Assists with transfer of patient with restrictions in weight
bearing or impairment of motor status.
- Assist patients with donning/doffing compression garments as
- Observe patient for skin integrity and report any problem areas
to supervising clinicians.
- Assist with dressing removal as assigned by supervising
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living such as
toileting as needed.
- Assisting patients with mobility under the direction of
supervising clinician including but not limited to therapeutic
- Demonstrates understanding of the Unit's Standards of Care and
Practice and Administrative Policies as well as being able to
locate Policy and Procedures Manuals on the assigned units.
- Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in
professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
- Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a
timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all
safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner;
monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures
others are also performing work in a safe manner.
- Demonstrates and utilizes the guidelines of care and practice
via the nursing process and in accordance with Arizona State Board
of Nursing Laws and Regulations being able to perform at a fully
- Demonstrates accuracy of documentation of assessments,
interventions and patient responses as evidenced by the appropriate
- Follows guidelines for safety with regards to contact
precautions and all policies/procedures dealing with blood borne
- Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting
patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental
policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective
- Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the
employee's area of responsibility.
- If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required
job-specific training in the specified time frame.
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming administrative line
telephone calls, communicates effectively with callers obtaining
complete and accurate information to determine the need(s) of the
- Maintains unit documents (i.e. specialty beds, observation
- Maintains charts and copies charts as requested.
- Assist charge nurse with clerical duties.
High School Diploma or GED- Required
Graduate of a Nursing Assistant Program- Required
Certification & Licensures
Current, unrestricted CNA license in the State of Arizona-
Basic Life Support (BLS)- Required
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Flagstaff , Patient Care Technician Unit Secretary Progressive Care, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!