RN Emergency Department
Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ensuring the achievement of Northern Arizona Healthcare's
mission, the Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination
of care for patients and their families including direct care,
patient and family education and discharge planning. When providing
care, Registered Nurses follow the process of assessing, nursing
diagnosing, outcome identification, planning, implementing and
evaluation as the basis for the delivery of care. The Registered
Nurse provides leadership for ancillary personnel by being a team
leader, serving as a preceptor, and being an active member of the
health care team. The nurse practices within the ENA and the ANA
Scope of Practice, the ENA and ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and
the standards of his/ or her specialty.
For more information on the Emergency Department click here
- Provides professional nursing care for assigned patients in the
- Triages each patient and determines priority of care based on
physical, psychological and social needs as well as factors
influencing patient flow through the emergency care system.
- Performs focused assessment of chief complaints of each patient
in a timely manner according to established triage guidelines.
- Stabilize a medical victim and prevent secondary complications,
such as respiratory distress, shock, or even death.
- Assesses the needs and conditions of assigned patients by
gathering relevant patient health information.
- Identifies outcomes, develops a plan of care individualized to
the patient and/or situation, and implements the identified plan
appropriate for the attainment of the expected outcomes.
- Assesses patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
and effectively revises/updates diagnoses, outcomes and plans of
care as appropriate.
- Contributes to patient experience by providing quality & safe
patient care (as described above) and by respecting patients
privacy, and treating all patients, family members, and guests, as
well as other associates, with dignity, respect, and
- Evaluates patient conditions frequently and adapts plan of care
- Performs aseptic techniques by maintaining a sterile field
while using principles of disinfection, sterilization, and
- Maintains infection prevention standards.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
- Participates in creating and sustaining a learning environment
supported by evidenced based practice and research.
- Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in
professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
- Work collaboratively with peers and other health care
providers, and participating in ongoing in-service and educational
- Participates in the mentoring and education of colleagues and
- Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a
timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety
related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors
work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are
also performing work in a safe manner.
- Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting
patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental
policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective
- Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees
area of responsibility.
- If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required job
specific training in the specified time frame.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of assessments,
interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
Associate Degree in Nursing- Required
New hire RNs and those hired on or after 7/1/2016Must enroll in
a BSN program within one year of hire and complete within 5 years
Existing Staff RNsRNs hired before 7/1/2016, are not mandated to
have a BSN, but is highly encouraged to consider our current
tuition reimbursement programs.
Current, unrestricted license in the State of Arizona-
PALS or ENPC- Required
ATCN or TNCC - Required
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Flagstaff , RN Emergency Department, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!