Cadet State Trooper
Company: Arizona Department of Public Safety
Posted on: May 12, 2022
SUMMARY STATEMENT: Participates in Arizona Peace Officer
Standards and Training (AZ P.O.S.T.) Basic Training Curriculum and
other training designated by the Department of Public Safety to
learn general duty police work. Performs related duties as
assigned. Upon successful completion of training and certification
as a peace officer by AZ P.O.S.T., the incumbent is reclassified to
State Trooper. This is a competitive classification. POSITION
AGREEMENTS: Department of Public Safety sworn personnel are
stationed throughout Arizona with some individuals living in Utah,
California, Nevada, and Colorado. State Troopers may be assigned to
any of these positions. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a U.S.
citizen and a high school graduate or have a GED. Must be at least
21 years of age at the completion of AZ P.O.S.T. BASIC TRAINING
CURRICULUM . By the starting date, must be a resident of the state
of Arizona and possess a valid Arizona driver's lic ense. Employees
who are hired into the classification prior to the start of the
training academy will be placed at step 1 of the salary range. All
employees in the classification will be placed at step 2 of the
salary range while actively assigned to the training academy. Must
successfully complete the examination process. FLSA Status:
Non-Exempt A cadet trooper earns an annual salary of $64,117 while
in the basic training academy (approximately 30 weeks). Upon
graduation and certification, cadets are promoted to trooper (entry
level), with an annual salary of $65,382. Progression through the
trooper classification is a nine step process, currently beginning
at $65,382 and topping out at $91,600. 15% stipend ends June 30,
2022. Job Requirements:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (not intended to be
- Learns patrol, investigation, traffic control and safety,
police methods, first aid, and community and police relations.
- Learns federal, state, and local traffic and criminal
- Learns Department policies and procedures.
- Learns to prepare clear, concise, and grammatically correct
- Participates in a physical fitness program to develop the
physical skills necessary for the job.
- Learns proper work habits, appearance, and interpersonal
skills. REQUIRED: KNOWLEDGE OF:
- English grammar and composition SKILL IN:
- the operation of a vehicle ABILITY TO:
- analyze situations or information and adopt quick, effective,
and reasonable courses of action.
- maintain composure and work effectively under highly stressful
- read and understand complex written information.
- observe and recollect details.
- understand and follow oral directions.
- work independently.
- establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
- work any hours including weekends, holidays, rotating shifts,
call-outs, and overtime.
- perform work for extended periods of time in environments of
extreme heat or cold, or wet conditions.
- use specialized protective equipment or clothing.
- perform the physical requirements of the work (e.g., run and/or
jump over rough terrain and obstacles; physically take custody of
persons; subdue and apprehend combative suspects; safely search
persons and places; push or pull heavy objects and apply force with
upper and lower body; reach, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and turn,
- perform basic mathematical and statistical calculations.
- communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- operate a computer to input and retrieve information. YOU CAN
ALSO APPLY BY TEXTING 'JOBS' TO (833) 256-8880
Keywords: Arizona Department of Public Safety, Flagstaff , Cadet State Trooper, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!