On Road Supervisor
Posted on: September 14, 2022
Job SummaryThe PT On Road Supervisor is responsible for
supervising the daily performance of service providers to ensure
quality service, improve performance, and maintain compliance with
environmental, health and safety requirements. He/She encourages
sales lead participation through maintaining mutually beneficial
customer relationships. The PT On Road Supervisor supervises others
within the department. - The PT On Road Supervisor works with
service providers to maximize day to day proficiency and ensure
packages are delivered in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
He/She participates in the development and implementation of work
process plans to maximize center proficiency and achieve business
results. This position reviews and analyzes work processes and work
schedule information (e.g., exception reports, volume
delivered/hour, miles driven, car set up, hours worked, accidents,
etc.) to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve
- Completes administrative tasks (i.e., performance reviews,
accident reports, service failures, training) in a timely, accurate
manner to facilitate the execution of the dispatch plan through the
- Uses the Balanced Scorecard and Quality Improvement Process to
monitor workgroup performance against business goals.
- Completes required audits during on-job supervision rides to
ensure adherence to UPS policies and procedures.
- Utilizes technology (Orion, PAS, Telematics, etc.) to identify
opportunities for performance improvement and risk mitigation.
- Communicates with customers to respond to service concerns,
build relationships, and determine solutions that meet business
- Uncovers business opportunities to forward this information to
the proper department (i.e., dispatch supervisor, center
management, and business development) for follow up.
- Encourages service providers to identify and forward volume
development opportunities to management.
- Creates a customer focused work environment to emphasize
service and focus on building the business.
- Communicates customers' business needs to employees to provide
an understanding of job responsibilities and how actions impact
customers. -Preferred Competencies
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding
of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer
or business; uses the business need to help define the project's
- Health and Safety Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of
injury and crash prevention techniques; demonstrates a basic
understanding of job methods; identifies root causes of injuries
and auto crashes; recognizes and reports unsafe working
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a
basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures
of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership
position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains
proper processes, procedures and methods for small package
operations; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools,
equipment, and technology used within the operation.UPS is an equal
opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law
Keywords: UPS, Flagstaff , On Road Supervisor, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!