Total Rewards Specialist (Benefits Administrator)
Posted on: November 23, 2018
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under minimal supervision, this position coordinates and manages assigned compensation or benefit programs including preparation, implementation and day to day administration and compliance. This position will also establish and provide subject matter expertise and maintain compliance for assigned focus areas. Assigned programs and focus areas may include leave of absence management, job analysis and description management, health and welfare, retirement, wellness or ancillary benefits. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers. Assists in managing iConnect Support and iCareers email boxes. Responds timely to requests for customer assistance and transactional support.
- Performs job analysis, writes job descriptions, assigns job codes and recommends salary grade assignments using market survey data and point factor software.
- Assists in the research and development of the annual compensation program (e.g., policy/procedure changes, salary structure adjustments, and merit budget proposal). Utilizes compensation planning database to assist with the process, including download data from HRIS system, performs system set-up and report generation.
- Assists in the implementation and administration of the annual merit and compensation program.
- Assists with the development and provides overall coordination and day to day administration of system-wide total reward programs including but not limited to health care, retirement, time off/leave of absence, ancillary and voluntary benefits, recognition.
- Assists with benefit vendor management and establishes processes and procedures with the vendors to ensure solid, efficient program management and compliance.
- Assists with the development and coordination of a system-wide wellness program.
- Assists with researching and monitoring competitiveness of current compensation and benefit programs and legislative requirements. Recommends changes as appropriate. Participates on BSI's behalf in compensation and benefit surveys.
- Develops compensation and benefits related communications and processes.
- Develops and prepares communications and establishes processes and systems for the annual benefit open enrollment program.
- Ensures employee information as it relates to benefits program eligibility and enrollment is accurately recorded and provided to the benefit providers in a timely manner. Audits reports and records as necessary.
- Assists in supporting Oracle Advanced Benefits and other benefit systems.
- Performs end-user systems testing.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned. REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge/Education
- Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent combination of education and experience in compensation and/or benefits required.
- Familiarity with applicable state and federal wage and hour regulations and benefits and employment related regulations (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.) required. Licenses/ Certifications PHR, CEBS, CCP or equivalent (World At Work) certification preferred. Experience
- Three years human resources experience required. To include:
- Two years of experience coordinating and administering benefit and/or compensation programs.
- Experience working with Oracle HRMS preferred. Skills/Abilities
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management and provide consistently high levels of customer service.
- Excellent analytical, statistical, personal organization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including intermediate level spreadsheet application ability. *********************************************************************************************** Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response. Please see the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to compliance: EEO is the Law EEO is the Law Supplement Pay Transparency e-Verify All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Keywords: Vitalant, Flagstaff , Total Rewards Specialist (Benefits Administrator), Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!