Medical, Surgical RN
Company: Indian Health Service
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Indian Health Service is hiring for an RN
(Medical/Surgical/Obstetrics)--in Polacca, AZPay:--$75,667.00Why
- Do you have student loans?-- You may be interested in our Loan
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave,
accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of
working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after
retirement at the same rate as if you were working*Recruitment
bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in
addition to salaryPosition Responsibilities
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In
the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and
- Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties to patients
whose condition warrants specialized care including, but not
limited to; Preeclampsia, Diabetes, Fetal stress, ROM/Premature
ROM, Hemorrhage, Routine mother/baby care, Antepartum/GYN surgical
care, etc. Assesses the patient and develops a plan of care for
individual patients by interviewing the patient and family member,
reviewing patient's health care.Participate in staff development
activities including orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback
from government sponsored training opportunities.
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific
to age of the patient) adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric,
neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social cultural
needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching
- Observes and assesses the patient's clinical condition;
collects and interprets data from the patient's history and
physical assessment; decides appropriate nursing action to be taken
based on interpretation of data. Initiates specific nursing measure
needed to ensure well-being of mother and baby.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as
resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring
devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and
regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose
monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications,
intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and procedures.
Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during
procedure and evaluates results.
- Facilitator of transfer services for patients via ground or air
transport based upon patient's condition and needs.
- In emergency situations, when a physician is not present or
immediately available, initiates appropriate nursing measured, i.e.
- Registered Nurse (RN) License or Certification
- 1 or More Years RN experience
- Medical/Surgical and Obstetrics Experience Preferred
- Associates Degree in NursingAbout PolaccaWe are located just
east of the intersection of Hwy 87 and Hwy 264 in northern Arizona
in an area called First Mesa. The Hopi people settled into this
land in the area where three mesas stand side by side, dotted with
quaint reservation villages scattered throughout the three mesas.
Each mesa and each village has its own history and a surprising
variation in traditions. The village of Polacca has a convenience
store with an ATM, a post office (zip code 86042), as well as a few
other small stores, mostly selling arts and crafts. The village of
Keams Canyon, approximately 11 miles to the east, has a small
grocery store/restaurant/trading post, a post office, a gas
station, and a few small stores. Larger towns such as Flagstaff, AZ
(2 hour drive), Winslow, AZ (1 hour drive), Gallup, NM (1-- hour
drive), and Dilkon, AZ (45 min. drive) offer a wider selection of
shopping and entertainment. The Southwest region has many other
attractions such as hiking, camping, mountain biking,
rafting/canoeing, fishing, skiing/snowboarding, and dozens of state
and national parks in the surrounding Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and
Colorado areas. While many of these activities are a bit of a drive
(between 1-5 hours for most), there are often local groups
traveling from the reservation to the cities or on outdoor
adventure trips on the weekends.Reno Gazette Journal. Keywords:
Medical Surgical Nurse, Location: Flagstaff, AZ - 86003
Keywords: Indian Health Service, Flagstaff , Medical, Surgical RN, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!