Inside Sales and Operations Associate
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Company OverviewAbout Core & MainCore & Main (www.coreandmain.com)
is one of North America?s largest distributors of water, sewer,
storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products
that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all
aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy,
and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246
branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international
markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services
including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options,
diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to
its customers' success.Job Description & QualificationsJob
SummaryResponsible for coordinating with other departments in
handling purchase orders and providing service to customers.
Respond to customer order and quotation requests received via
outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, and written and faxed
correspondence. Compile information and records to assess
effectiveness of operational controls, accuracy of financial
records, and efficiency of operations. Maintain electronic records
and systems. Ensure effective administrative support. May directly
or indirectly support outside sales.?Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Enters operations information into the system; generates
reports and checks for accuracy.
- Acts as a liaison between warehouse and customers and may pull,
pack, ship, and load orders as required.
- Provides product pricing by consulting the pricing matrix, as
well as other tables, to determine the appropriate price. Develops
code directives for certain products while maintaining target
- Prepares and submits routine proposals; generates oral and
- Procures and maintains inventory. Monitors to ensure proper
- Resolves customer service issues, tracks open sales orders, and
performs follow-ups to ensure the timely shipment of materials and
- Services customers via telephone and/or walk-ins and ensures
counters are properly stocked.
- Assists Operations Manager with branch operational duties as
required.Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
co-worker or supervisor.Work Environment
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
- Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicableEducation and
- HS Diploma or GED,strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.Preferred Qualifications & Job
Specific DetailsPreferred Qualifications
- Customer service and industry experience.
- Experience with inventory sales and operations.
- Associate degree preferred.
Keywords: Core and Main, Flagstaff , Inside Sales and Operations Associate, Other , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!