Company: CITY OF FLAGSTAFF
Posted on: February 5, 2020
CITY OF FLAGSTAFF Flagstaff is the largest community in the high
country and is the county seat for Coconino County, the largest
county in the United States. A historic Route 66 town, Flagstaff is
ideally located at the juncture of Interstate 17 and Interstate 40.
Though still reflecting a small town atmosphere, it maintains a
selective growth plan with new expansion programs underway. The
City of Flagstaff is Northern Arizona s Employer of Choice! Our
City government is devoted to enhancing the quality of life of our
citizens and the experience of the many visitors who are attracted
to Northern Arizona. Date Posted: January 31, 2020 Vacancy No:
009-20 Position Title: IT Analyst - GIS Division/Section:
Information Technology Position Status: Full Time; FLSA Exempt;
Benefit Eligible Work Week: Monday Friday; 8am-4:30pm Salary Range:
$57,178.78 Annually Closing Date: February 14, 2020 Actively
supports and upholds the City s stated mission and values. Under
direction of an IT Manager for the area of assignment, employees of
this class are expected to perform program duties associated with
an assigned area of the IT Section. An Information Technology
Analyst is differentiated from the Specialist level position by the
fact that staff in this position require a greater level of
experience, will be working on tasks of greater complexity and are
expected to work independently with medium supervision
- Supervisory: This job has Lead worker responsibilities
(coordinates and monitors the work of IT Specialist and IT
Technician) but does not supervise.
- Budgetary: This job does not have budgetary responsibilities
but carries out day-to-day activities within approved budget.
- Strategic Planning: This job has partial responsibility for
strategic planning (assists with developing, implementing, and
managing long and short-term goals).
- Policies/Procedures: This job has partial responsibility for
policies and procedures (assists with developing, implementing, and
- Compliance: This job carries out day-to-day activities in
accordance with Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, and
regulations as well as City policies and procedures.
- Council Communications: This job carries out day-to-day
activities in accordance with Council s adopted priorities and
- Reporting: This job does not have duties related to reporting
to Federal/State/Local agencies. EXAMPLES OF THE WORK PERFORMED
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and
- Documents work order requests and resolutions in IT Ticketing
- Maintains confidentiality and security with regard to data
- Keeps pace with IT technology trends through training,
periodicals and experimentation in a test environment.
- Applies project management methodology to projects as
- Works with and supports clients and vendors to supply quality
- Assists in the development of long and short-term goals for the
- Other duties as assigned. GIS
- Designs and builds solutions for departments throughout the
City to help staff, council, and citizens better understand City
operations through creative mapping and turning data into usable
- Instrumental in the project development life cycle from
gathering requirements, data collecting, solution implementing,
testing, and improvement iteration.
- Plays a large part in maintaining and assuring quality in the
enterprise GIS databases.
- Integrates a variety of internal and external data sources in
varying formats into and out of the City GIS databases.
- Independently researches and performs complex GIS analysis and
solutions. Provides feedback or prepares reports based on
- Provides end user support of Enterprise GIS Applications.
Assists and trains power users to maintain their own data and
develop solutions for their own workflows. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Four-year degree in computer science, related field for area of
assignment, or equivalent course work.
- Four years of increasingly responsible technical experience in
the Information Technology field.
- Or any combination of education, experience, and training
equivalent to the above Minimum Requirements. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess, or obtain upon employment, a valid Arizona driver
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to
ensure continuity. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, software and
- Experience working in a Microsoft Windows and Office 365
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a productive and effective team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully complete
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and able to
- Strong aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of project management and project management
- Extensive experience with the Esri ArcGIS software suite,
preferably ArcGIS Pro including automating workflows with tasks and
- Experience in ArcGIS Online and Portal, and familiarity with
publishing a variety of data sources and types, building web
mapping applications and ArcGIS Enterprise Sites, and basic
- Experience in working in a versioned ArcGIS Enterprise
- Ability to build and execute queries in a one or more Scripting
languages, such as SQL, Python 3, and/or Arcade. PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to use hands to feel, reach with hands and
arms, talk or hear; is regularly required to sit; and is
occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- There are no special vision requirements for this
- Working conditions include occasionally working near moving
mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- There are no pre-employment physical requirements for this
- There are no pre-employment testing requirements for this
- There are no pre-employment vaccination requirements for this
position CLASSIFICATION INFORMATION
- Range 112, C-4-1, FLSA exempt TO APPLY ONLINE: In order to
apply for this position, you will have to fill out a City of
Flagstaff application on our website. Visit our website to apply or
for more information on this position and other opportunities. You
will find complete job descriptions, requirements and application
information at: NOTE: Applications are due to the Human Resources
department by 4PM on the closing date regardless of the postmarked
date. TO APPLY IN PERSON Applications are available and can be
turned in at: 211 W. Aspen Ave., Flagstaff, AZ 86001 Call our
general information line at or to request an application by mail.
Fax your resume to or E-mail: (see below) Additional information
about current and open job vacancies can also be found by calling
our job line at . The City of Flagstaff is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected
Veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or
expression. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service
alumni are encouraged to apply. Paid Holidays Paid Vacation Days
Paid Sick Days Health/Dental/Life/Vision Insurance - provided by
Keywords: CITY OF FLAGSTAFF, Flagstaff , IT Analyst, Professions , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!