Company: Northern Arizona Orthopaedics
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The CORE Institute team is dedicated to making the lives of
others better by practicing exceptional patient care. If you would
like to be part of a dedicated, dynamic healthcare team in a
challenging, rewarding environment, The CORE Institute is the right
place for you to grow your career.
- Assists the surgical team during operative procedures as
assigned by the RN or physician.
- Actively participates in the planning and set up of all
supplies needed for the procedure.
- Hands instruments and supplies to the surgeon and performs
other tasks as directed.
- Assists the surgical team in maintaining patient safety through
monitoring sterile technique during draping as well as throughout
the surgical procedure.
- Responsible for daily sterilization of equipment and
- Assists with maintaining patient records, ordering and stocking
supplies. Communicates supply and equipment repairs to the RN.
- Maintains universal precautions in daily job duties.
- Responsible for sterilization and cleaning the procedure
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings. EDUCATION
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge
- Completion of a Medical Assistant certification is required.
- Minimum one-year experience in outpatient surgery or equivalent
of education and experience.
- Experience with computer software is required.
- Medical Assistant certification is required.
- Experience in orthopedics is preferred. REQUIREMENTS
- None KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of outpatient procedure room policies and
- Knowledge of patient safety standards.
- Knowledge of surgical equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and sterile technique.
- Skill in effective participation on a surgical team.
- Skill in safety and infection control procedures by
appropriately setting up a sterile procedure room and monitoring
- Skill in equipment maintenance by effectively checking machines
and supplies, stocking and initiating maintenance requests.
- Skill in computer applications and EMR systems. ABILITIES
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Ability to interact with physicians, patients and team
- Ability to communicate pertinent information to the RN and
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills. ENVIRONMENTAL
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel within community. PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- HOPCo Mission, Vision and Values must be read and signed.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Northern Arizona Orthopaedics, Flagstaff , Scrub Technician, Professions , Flagstaff, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...